Press "Enter" to skip to content

Grenfell Tower Fire Police Considers Manslaughter

According to the London CNN  news, London’s Police Service is considering massacre charges among the criminal violations that may have been committed in relation to last week’s deadly Grenfell Tower fire. The investigation by police focused how the fire started, how it spreads so fast, and any organization or person should hold responsible.

This is told by the Detective Chief Superintendent Fiona McCormack in a press briefing which was held on Friday. She also said that documents have already been seized. She said the number of the people who died in this accident is 79 but she fears the true number could be higher. She also made an appeal to the people who were in the building at the time of fire if they have any type of knowledge regarding this incident.

This is the most complex one investigation which is taken by the Metropolitan Police. Work was the tuff task at the fireplace but the team tries to everything to save people. “Such is the devastation inside, our forensic search and recovery may not be complete by the end of the year, she said. “There is a terrible reality that we may not find or identify all those who died due to intense heat of the fire, but we will do absolutely everything we can with the utmost sensitivity and dignity

Samples from the insulation from the tower and corresponding aluminum composite tiles sent by police for analysis have failed safety tests. She said. The inquiry is now in its second week and police started taking witness statements from the peoples who were in the tower.

She said that “We will identify and investigate any criminal offense and, of course, given the deaths of so many people we are considering manslaughter, as well as criminal offenses and breaches of legislations and regulations.”

The fire was not set intentionally but started in a Hotpoint fridge-freezer that was not before part of any product recall, she added. And police are talking to the builders.

Whirlpool which owns Hotpoint offered its commiseration to the fire victim and said that “working with the authorities to obtain access to the appliance so that we can assist with the ongoing investigation.”

The government has made the promise to give the medical and financial aid to the victims and also rehouse them in three weeks.


Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *